Lachlan has been working with communities in Australia and around the world for twenty years – helping them create giant puppets, masks, public art and facilitating creative writing workshops.
SubUrban Studio – Fusion Theatre Puppetry from Lachlan Plain on Vimeo.
Look a Book from Lachlan Plain on Vimeo.
Trail of Lights Festival 2019 from Light Works on Vimeo.
Projects featured below include:
- 2019 Trail of Lights Festival: Working with 250 children from 2 primary schools located in the Wyndham area to construct 52 large sculptural lanterns over 6 weeks. These lanterns were included in a parade at the festival launch, and installed along the trail for 2 weeks. Presented by Sanctum Theatre and Little Projector Company.
- 2019 Look, a Book!: Working with 7 pre-school age children living with intellectual disabilities, and their families, to write and illustrate a picture story book, Choo Choo the Magic Train. Co-facilitated with Jasmine Powell and funded by City of Banyule.
- 2019 Invisible Dancers Engaging adults with intellectual disabilities – members of the DVA ensemble – to build giant puppets. Funded by the City of Banyule.
- 2018 The Beginning of Everything:Engaging adults with intellectual disabilities – members of the Fusion Theatre ensemble – to build giant puppets. Presented by Sanctum Theatre. Funded by the City of Greater Dandenong through their [SUB]URBAN Program.
- 2018 Ghost Turtle (鳌, Áo) (2018): Collecting stories of recent migrants, then working with them to build a turtle for a video and sculptural installation. Part of an artist residency at Heritage Hill Museum. Presented by Sanctum Theatre. Funded by the City of Greater Dandenong through their [SUB]URBAN Program.
- 2012 & 13 Montsalvat Solstice Celebration & Bonfire – Working with community members to design and build 7 giant sculptural lanterns to display and carry in the parade. Presented by Sanctum Theatre.
error: Alert: Content is protected !!